Friday, August 26, 2011

                As I mention before I plan to start posting a new strip every Friday. Mostly likely it will only be a one page comic, like this one, but maybe a few longer ones with squeeze in there. This comic might look a bit familiar because I posted a rough version of it years ago. I did a number of these one page strips in a scratchy style about 3 years ago. I’ve never done anything with them, so I figured why not use them now. I think they are all really funny!
                The idea to do this came from an interview I was listening to on TCJ talkies with Evan Dorkin. He was talking about how if he was an up and comer now, doing humor books, he would be putting his stuff on the internet. It only makes since. So I thought I should try a bit harder to get more comics on the internet for people to see. I’m not sure I’ve got the skill, or the time, to do a daily web comic, or even a few times a week, so I thought that doing it once a week would be a good idea. If I’m able to produce it faster than that I’ll work on getting it up to two days a week. If I had a simpler style I might be able to put stuff up with more regularly, but I just overwork the pages too much.
                Speaking of style I did something new with this page! I actually measured out the lettering for the panels! I wanted the pages to look cleaner. My letter is somewhat crazy and lopsided at times. I think it adds to anxiety of my stories, but I also feel that the straighter lettering helps the overall look of the page. It was a pain in the as to do though. I’ll have to find a faster way of doing it if I want to keep it up.  The other big change on this page is that I actually typed the dialogue out on a computer first, to check for spelling errors and grammar mistakes. I’m a bit sick of spelling words wrong all the time so I think I be doing this all the time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment